Thursday, December 31, 2015

Another One Bites The Dust...

So that was 2015 eh? Hard to believe it's over already. Looking back, it doesn't feel as if I accomplished much - not as much as I would have liked certainly. Having said that, I do feel that in several ways I'm in a better place than I was this time last year.


Old Resolutions
Before deciding on new resolutions for next year (tomorrow), I wanted to take a look at my resolutions for this year and see how well I did:

1. Watch More Anime
Well, I started watching an anime about assassins with ancient weapons or something, but I found it depressing and slightly annoying, so I stopped. Then I tried to watch "Kill La Kill"; I LOVED the first few episodes, but the longer the series went the more it annoyed me, and by the last few episodes I hated the main characters and the plot, so I stopped before finishing. I'll watch the last few episodes someday, but I don't think it will really matter to me. Which is a shame because Gurren Lagann is one of my all-time top three anime. That's about all for anime, but I did read a lot of manga, some of which I really loved. So... I dunno, not sure how to score this one.

2. Exercise More Regularly
Yeah, I flat out failed on this one. Just... ugh. Did. Not. Happen.

3. Paint More Minis
Well, I officially painted 4 models to a satisfactory level in 2014, and this year I finished 5, so technically that's a success. In my defense, one of those 5 had some 26 pieces. I had expected to do more overall, but I guess it's not too bad.

4. Post Most Reviews
Sigh. Well, I guess I posted about the same number of reviews this year as the last: 3, plus a couple of minor rants. That's actually really depressing; I have dozens of half-written reviews waiting to be finished, but I never seem to get around to finishing them.

5. Stick To A Routine
Well, I think I'm doing better than I was last year. I'm sleeping, waking, and spending my time more consistently than last year. I'm not there yet though.

6. Be More Responsible With Money
Yeah, OK, I'm going to give myself this one.


Overall I think I've made minor progress on most of my goals, except of course for the exercise thing. Hopefully next year will be better.


New Resolutions
I'm planning to move health and fitness higher up on my list of priorities. This probably means spending less time on Warmachine; well, less time assembling models anyway. I don't intend to stop playing or anything. Anyway, my main resolutions for 2016 are:

1. Wake up early
I'm not very good at waking up early in the morning these days. This year I want to change that.

2. Exercise
I'm going to try to be harder on myself this year, make less excuses etc.

3. Eat Better
I've been getting careless with my diet (which was never very good to begin with), so this year I'm going to try to eat more fruit, veg, and raw foods.

4. Read More
By which I mean to read more useful stuff, not just manga and Warmachine crap.


And Now For Something Completely Different...
For the sake of having something positive to show, I'm going to finish here by posting some photos of some conversions that I've completed, but I won't have time to paint for a while.

Robin Croe:

MACBAIN!!!!!:

Merc multijack:
Mangler
Nomad
Freebooter

No comments:

Post a Comment